Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tag Along Challenge: Polka Dots

This is the first time that I have taken part in the new challenge "Tag Along". I couldn't resist a polka dot challenge, especially as I have had this idea floating around in my head for a couple of weeks. The flower was created by "inking" up a solid style stamp with paint and then adding dots with a different colour paint directly to the stamp using the eraser end of a pencil.

I found that it was important to use as little paint as possible, or else the stamp will easily slip on the paper.

The tag itself is a #2 tag from PaperArtsy. Which is also where the paints and stamps are from (links below)



The script is stamped with paint, just lightly touching the tag to the stamp to use only a small part of the stamp. I inked the edges of the tag with brushed cordruoy distress ink and stampes the "smile" and splatter with the same ink. I added a polka dot ribbon, which I inked first with the distress ink.



 Finally, I decided to mount the tag to a card.

materials
Paints: Sky and Guacamole
stamps:  script, flower. smile, splatter
tag: #2

9 comments:

word verification is off! thanks for all your lovely comments, they mean so much to me!